You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
Use SHIFT+ENTER to open the menu (new window).
To navigate through the Ribbon, use standard browser navigation keys. To skip between groups, use Ctrl+LEFT or Ctrl+RIGHT. To jump to the first Ribbon tab use Ctrl+[. To jump to the last selected command use Ctrl+]. To activate a command, use Enter.
Tab 1 of 3.
Tab 2 of 3.
Tab 3 of 3.
CubanFusion © 2005 - Cuban Salsa Specialists - Wellington - New Zealand
Class & Event Calendar
NEW Afro-Cuban Contemporary Classes for Beginners & Beyond
Tarrant Dance Studio - Level 1, 125 Cuba Ma;;
2018-07-09 6:15 PM
2018-07-09 8:30 PM
We are excited to announce this year Rafa will be teaching not one but two levels of this very special class starting Monday 9 April as follows:
- 6.15pm - Beginners - for those new to Afro-Cuban Contemporary i.e. for those who are doing this class for the first time this year or this term, and those wanting to go back to basics - the focus of these entry level classes is on body isolation.
- 7.30pm - Beyond - for existing more experienced students who have been doing this class for a year or more and who want to continue to develop and perfect their knowledge and technique
NB: We've change the time of the first class (from 6.30pm to 6.15pm) to allow a 15 minute buffer between classes so that 7.30pm class can start on time. The studio is open from 6pm so you are welcome to come then to warm up so ready for class to start at 6.15pm.
The intention is to run 5-week blocks of classes for both levels back to back for rest of year on the following dates:
- Mon 14 May (no classes Queen's Birthday)
- Mon 25 June
- Mon 30 July
- Mon 3 September
- Mon 8 October (no classes Labour Day)
- Mon 19 November
Register here now:
So why should you do this class?
Rafa's Afro-Cuban Contemporary classes are great for conditioning, flexibility, body isolation, flavour and technique.
These classes will give you an understanding of the origins of Cuban dance.
They will give you a greater connection and appreciation for the rhythms and movements Salsa is built on.
These classes will help you find and develop your own flavour and styling which you can then incorporate into your Salsa dancing.
They are also a great work out!
Having said all that, you will learn more than just dance, you will learn the stories and belief system behind the dances.
We know you probably associate Rafael with Salsa, but his speciality back in Cuba was Afro-Cuban contemporary. Find out more about Rafael's background here:
See FAQs below. Don't hesitate to email
if you have any unanswered questions or doubts
NB: Registration and payment in full on or before the first class required.
Cost: $70/$50 with ID (Student/Gold/Leisure/Community Services Cards) for 5-week course.
Payment Options: We don't have EFTPOS in the studio so its either cash/cheque on the night or via Internet Banking (our preferred option). Here are our bank details.
Ac Name: CubanFusion Classes
Ac Number: 02-0343-0003801-002
Reference: YOUR NAME Afro Class
Location: Tarrant Dance Studios, Level 1, 125 Cuba Mall.
1) Who is this course aimed at? This course has proven to be of particular interest to people with a dance background, but it is not a pre-requisite.
2) What to wear? Dance or gym gear. Comfort and stretch important.. and coolness. This class will be a real workout. Bare feet or dance slippers. No heels.
3) Can I pay as I go? Registration and payment in-full for the 5-week series is required on or prior to the first class. CubanFusion concessions cards not valid. These can only be used for the Tuesday and Wednesday night Salsa classes.
4) Why do I have to pay upfront and in full? This ensures commitment, which is needed for small special interest courses like this, for both yours and your fellow class mates' benefit. It also makes it much easier for Rafael to teach and advance if people are their every week and he also spends less time on doing regos and more time teaching this way.
5) Can I join any time? If you would like to join after the course has commenced please email
to confirm this is possible as we don't want to disadvantage those who have been there from the beginning.
Please let us know if you have any other questions otherwise Rafael looks forward to seeing you at class.
All Day Event
Every 1 week(s) on: Monday
Created at 2018-04-03 6:29 PM by email@example.com
Last modified at 2018-07-01 8:26 AM by firstname.lastname@example.org
Use this page to add attachments to an item.